Tagged: ,

Meli Melo Site refresh

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Log In or Register

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Mike
      Participant

Hi Guys

I’ve frantically put together a new [shopify] template for the Meli Melo website as the old one was around 5 years old, not very responsive, and had a lot of old bloat

Would love any feedback (as there’s still a lot that can be improved!)

Thanks
      Mike

Stuart
      Participant

Hi Mike,

Can’t say I saw the site before, but design looks clean with nice big imagry which i’m always a fan of. One thing that would be useful to me (although I may not be quite your target consumer) would be to have the stock status on the category pages to save wasted clicks when a product is out of stock.

Also the ‘load more’ on the category page wasn’t perhaps as obvious as it could have been.

Hope that helps!

Stu

James
      Keymaster

Hi Mike,
      Well done on get a refresh through quickly, always fun.
      I agree the design is clean and fresh. I like the site wide header design on mobile + easy to use slide out menu. I also really like the checkout UI and design (who did the UX design?), smart how you’ve prioritised mobile payment options on the mobile version, + nice use of auto-detect script for the card type.

A few minor UX things to consider:

1) Type ahead search is great but can be glitchy e.g. i starting typing ‘tote bag’ and when i got to ‘tote’ is showed relevant products, but when i then added ‘tote ba’ the products disappeared until i’d completed ‘bag’
      2) Mobile – looks like there might be a minor tweak needed to optimise homepage for viewport as i’m getting the horizontal bounce
      3) Mobile footer – i found the links hard to browse to find what i wanted as there are so many and closely spaced (but minor as only very small % people typically use footer links)
      4) +1 for the in stock message on list pages + quick buy feature to reduce click path
      5) Pinned header – would be ideal on product page to change so options are aligned with product page use cases e.g. select variant, qty and add to basket e.g. AO.com
      6) Social sharing icons on product page – missed them at first on mobile (iPhone 6) as were very small
      7) Changing variant selection on product page – each time page refreshes, which really slows down user journey on mobile – would be ideal to do this all in the front-end when feasible
      8) Mobile basket – doesn’t pull through the product image?
      9) Someone just viewed popups on desktop – really like this but they disappear too quickly so i can’t click to go to that product page (also had some popup on product page, which interrupted me browsing the product – be an interesting test to see if it increases or reduces add to basket and conversion direct on the product page)
      10) Basket page – would be great to be able to change the product variant directly here
      11) Basket and checkout order summary – no indication of delivery cost, even a ‘From £X’ can help. As standard is free, i think it would add value to default to ‘FREE’ and then if customer wants at ‘Shipping method’ they can choose a paid option
      12) Checkout opt-in for email is pre-ticked > for GDPR worth making this fully opt-in now otherwise you’ll have more customers you need to go back to to secure opt-in permission

Good luck with the ongoing optimisation, be interesting to see how the site develops.

thanks
      james

Natalie
      Participant

Hi Mike, the site looks great! I’m not sure how much control over the checkout you get with Shopify but here’s a few observations from me:

– Multiple columns in the check forms means the user has to scan in Z patterns, slowing them down. Could these be moved into a single column?
      – Infield name placements look good, but there doesn’t seem to be any error handling – adding these might help to reassure the user.
      – Asking for the postcode after the country field is pretty unconventional. Was there a reason for this?
      – Can’t help but notice there’s no address validation in here. This would really help improve UX and delivery. Would be a shame for those lovely bags to go missing!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.