Sustainable Ecommerce: Brands That Care
One of the larger trends of the last few years, that continues to grow, is communicating positive messages around ‘care’ and ‘purpose’, aside from simply commercial elements. This comes in many forms:
- Care for the environment / sustainability
- Care for yourself / body positivity / mental wellness
- Care for communities – buy one give one brands, for example
- Care about particular political / social issues
In a more formal sense, this is talked about as ‘brands with purpose’. This usually fits into the block of mission/vision/etc as follows:
- Purpose – why you do what you do aside from commercial benefit.
- Vision – where the brand is going, and what the future looks like.
- Mission – what you’re committed to, in realising your vision.
- Values – how you’ll go about business in reaching your vision.
In EcomChat on the 15th February 2021, we’ll discuss the overall concept
- How important is it for ecommerce companies to have a ‘purpose’ aside from commercials, and to show they care? What are the pros / cons?
- Why and how should ecommerce companies communicate this via their sites/apps/marketing?
- What are some examples of ecommerce companies that care, and what can others learn from them?
We’ll cover the above and much more.
If you haven’t taken part before – it’s a Twitter chat, on the hashtag #ecommerce, each Monday at 1pm UK time. There’s more info over here: About ecomchat.
Thanks! James & Dan